I am a survivor...

Thursday, April 16, 2009

...of three rounds of layoffs. So far. It's a trip.

I am starting this blog with a disclaimer:

I am very happy and grateful to all of god's higher beings that I still have a job.
I have to say that and recognize it before I start a blog about the rigors of being employed during Great Depression 2. I have been laid off twice before, and I know what it feels like and how scary it is to be in a long line of other unemployed people who want a job as bad as I do. I was laid off in the dot com bust, and then again after 9/11. It's scary and demoralizing and frustrating.

I don't want to be unemployed and I am grateful that I am not unemployed at this time.

However, it's not a picnic for any of us who are still employed, and I think we need to pay attention to that before we all go postal. Divorces are up, frustration and depression are up, and we are all scared. It seems like starting your own company would be less frustrating and scary, at a time when there are millions of people trying to start their own company out of the same frustration and fear.

We all need to release our bad vibes and help each other out.

This blog is for everyone, but especially to my fellow human beings who are so grateful to have a job at this time that they think they would do anything to keep it - who are wearing themselves to the bone to keep their jobs. Like being unemployed, it involves mourning and loss, stress, sleeplessness, obsession with work, demoralization ...it's not a bowl of cherries.

Let's document this time in history and at the same time, share and release and get through this together, with humor and wisdom.

Labels:

by Still Employed at  | 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Previous Posts

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]